The MUA is seeking support from comrades and friends in lodging a supplementary submission to AMSA on the consultation draft of Marine Order 3 (Seafarer qualification)-MO3.
It is critical to our Union that as many supporters as possible lodge the petition to AMSA to ensure the retention of appropriately skilled Australian seafarers in Australian shipping and to demonstrate to AMSA and employers that we will not accept an undermining of, or de-skilling, of the Integrated Rating occupation in the Australian shipping industry.
The submission we are urging your support for endorses the MUA primary submission, lodged on 29 August, which can be viewed/downloaded at the MUA website. To support the MUA submission friends can go to the MUA website at http://www.mua.org.au/news-story/3703/ and click on the link or click on the link below
Supplementary submissions must be lodged by the 4th September. We would ask that you go to the website now and sign the petition supporting the MUA submission on Marine Order 3.
Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Yours In Unity
MUA SNSW Branch
- Union offended by seafarers’ medical exam (news.com.au)
- Workers blockade pier over sackings (bigpondnews.com)
- Workers blockade Vic pier over sackings (news.com.au)
- Newcastle coal workers walk off job (news.theage.com.au)
- Newcastle coal workers walk off job (news.com.au)
- Wharf protesters could be liable for farmers’ losses (abc.net.au)