This post was made in November 2013. Today, 14 July 2014, our action on climate change is being repealed in the Australian House of Reps. The message remains the same…..
Sorry kids, some of us did try, and we still are. A man called Tony Abbott made the majority of adults in Australia believe that they can vote away climate change.
Until those people realise what happened in Parliament today (or even take notice) I’m afraid your future is under threat. Hopefully your generation will be more engaged, more educated, and less gullible. Until then, please know that many of us are still going to try and make a difference anyway. Sorry future, sorry kids, sorry science. We did try.
– Darin Sullivan.
- Carbon tax repeal bill passes Lower House (abc.net.au)
- Showdown in Senate for carbon tax laws (news.theage.com.au)
- Carbon tax repeal passes first hurdle (sbs.com.au)
- Abbott introduces carbon repeal bill (skynews.com.au)
- Tony #Abbott defends claiming travel allowance for sporting events |#Auspol (auspolwatch.wordpress.com)
- Protesters shout down PM on carbon tax (skynews.com.au)
- Carbon tax bill clears first hurdle (news.com.au)
- Carbon tax repeal passes first hurdle (news.smh.com.au)