My FBEU record
Elected on the FBEU State Committee of Management in 2005 as a Sub-Branch Secretary for one term.
Elected for three terms (9 years) from 2009-2018 as President.
During my time as President, and with support from my running mate and comrade Jim Casey, together with great officials on our State Committee of Management, the FBEU has gone from strength to strength in difficult times. We have taken on some of the most difficult campaigns and issues ever faced by our Union.
The following are just some of the examples where the FBEU has made progressive reforms and had significant victories through strong leadership with support from FBEU members as NSW firefighters.
Click on the links for more info:
Perm Award reform incl:
– New rank progression access to Leading Firefighter and Leading Station Officer
– Improved access to flexible and alternate rostering while protecting the 10/14
– Two consecutive Award pay rises without loss of conditions
– New improved annual leave roster
– Defense of the 10/14 (and now 24hr) roster for Senior Officers
– Pay rises for junior ranks by compressing L1-L4
Retained Award reform incl:
– higher retainers for increased availability
– secured rates of pay for community first response (CFR)
– higher hourly rate for Deputy Captains
– RTAS now in the retained Award and increased with all other allowances
– higher retainers across the board (by compressing ABC retainers)
– Maintaining and improving retained conditions in 2014 award when the dept sought to dramatically reduce them
– Secured three single days NMC SL (parity with permanents)
– OT rates for attending incidents on additional public holidays (parity with permanents)