New South Wales firefighters (FBEU) send solidarity to UK firefighters Strike
FROM: Fire Brigades Union UK web site
New South Wales firefighters send solidarity | Fire Brigades Union.
New South Wales firefighters send solidarity
Firefighters from New South Wales in Australia have send solidarity to their UK counterparts ahead of strike action on Wednesday.
Firefighters in England and Wales will walk out for four hours on 25 September over government attacks on pensions.
And now as well as messages of support from the public and parliamentarians, the Fire Brigades Union has also received a letter from Jim Casey, State Secretary of the Fire Brigades Employees’ Union, on behalf of his members.
“The Fire Brigade Union Employees’ Union offers you and all UK firefighters our solidarity
and support in your fight to maintain firefighters well-deserved and hard-earned pensions entitlements,” Casey writes.f
“We have been watching the developments in the UK with interest. We also have a conservative government in this State and now a conservative national government as of 7 September 2013.
“If there’s on thing the conservatives will learn it’s that if they try to take away our entitlements we will fight back.”
You can find a copy of the letter here.
- #UK firefighters to set up picket lines outside #fire stations | #FBU #strike (darinsullivan.net)
- Strike defends firefighters’ right to get a fair pension (socialistworker.co.uk)
- Contingency plans in place for firefighters’ strike (independent.co.uk)
- Firefighters strike over pensions (standard.co.uk)
- Firefighters across Wales to strike over pension changes (walesonline.co.uk)
Reblogged this on Justacceptit's Blog.