The world is on track to become up to five degrees hotter, and sea levels could rise more than 80 centimetres this century, according to a leaked draft of a landmark climate change report prepared for the UN.
There is now a 95 per cent likelihood human greenhouse gas emissions are driving changes being observed globally, which in recent weeks have included extraordinary heatwaves in Asia and Alaska.
- Leaked report: 80cm sea rise warning (smh.com.au)
- Revealed: 80cm sea rise warning (smh.com.au)
- 95 Percent of Global Warming is Caused by Human Activities, Says New IPCC Report (hngn.com)
- Scientists say sea level may rise 3 feet by 2100 (sfgate.com)
- Scientists Turn to Melted Ice to Make Climate-Change Case (bloomberg.com)
- Climate change: forecast for 3001is floods and heat … and it’s man’s fault (telegraph.co.uk)
- The inevitability of sea level rise (realclimate.org)